Mold Remediation, Mold Damage Cleanup and Basement Mold Removal
Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on, and left unchecked, mold can cause serious structural damage. More importantly, in addition to property damage, the presence of mold poses serious health risks. Inhalation exposure to mold indoors can cause headaches, allergic reactions, asthma attacks, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and serious negative long-term health effects. Inhaling, ingesting, or even contacting the toxic byproducts of mold (mycotoxins) can lead to even graver health concerns.
It is vitally important to contact an experienced mold remediation professional when mold is discovered, and Midwest Flood Restoration fills that role. Our experience, training, and state-of-the-art mold removal equipment allows remediation for virtually any mold contamination, and we can take care of all of your mold damage cleanup and removal needs.
Ten Things You Should Know About Mold
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- If mold damage is a problem in your home or business, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Attempt to reduce humidity to decrease mold growth by: venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Contact a professional for mold cleanup to remediate the mold and thoroughly dry the area. Absorbent materials such as ceilings, walls, and other structure that are moldy may need to be replaced.
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
Rapid Response Times for Mold Removal
Fast action is critical once mold is discovered. Midwest Flood Restoration has a successful history of quick response times and fast, efficient mold removal work.
Remove, Restore, and Replace
Our Mold Remediation Teams are prepared to remove, restore, remodel, and replace your structure and/or contents as needed. Ceilings, walls, flooring, furniture, appliances…we’ll haul everything out of the affected area, repair and restore if possible, and replace the contents to their original pre-flood locations. If remodeling is necessary, our Expert carpenters and craftsmen are trained to provide superior mold damage repair and restoration services, whether it’s basement mold, crawl space mold or attic mold.
MFR proudly uses Dri-Eaz Restoration products, including Air Movers, Dehumidifiers, & Antimicrobials.